Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Elliot struggled again today in the scrimmage
(08-06-2017, 10:55 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Disagree. We do not need to stick with Elliott if they're giving both him and bullock a fair competition in training camp/preseason (which is why I believe they drafted him in the first place). If bullock is the better kicker we absolutely have to roll with him. We cannot afford another season with a s*** kicker shanking everything in sight. See below 

Thanks for the info. Making me feel a lot better about bullock and a little worse about Elliott. The way I look at it is if he's missing kicks in practice and in a meaningless scrimmage, what will he do in the waning moments in the fourth quarter, down by 2 against Pittsburgh? In that scenario, I'd much rather have bullock than a rookie shankapotamus.

And yes, of course it's early and Elliott hasn't even played in a preseason game yet. But if things continue the way they are now we would be beyond stupid to keep Elliott over bullock.
Bullock only played one game total for Pittsburgh.  He had a good game.  But it's one game.  I posted all his stats above.  He's so-so, which is why he has bounced around.  And Mike Brown would not spend a 5th rounder on a kicker who is just going to be a camp body. He wouldn't do it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Elliot struggled again today in the scrimmage - BonnieBengal - 08-07-2017, 12:27 AM