Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison soccer team endures criticism because players have short hair
(08-07-2017, 11:39 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I remember when my two oldest played soccer and watching other parents lose their minds. There was more than a few times a parent or parents would threaten the refs, coaches, other parents and their own child with violence. "I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOU IN THE PARKING LOT AFTER THE GAME!" yelled parents at that 15 year old ref, "We are going to TALK about this." It was disgusting.

Soccer is a too violent spectator sport, it brings out the worse in people for some reason.

My daughter's league was reffed by the kids in the next level up.  So 12-14 year old kids were calling the games for 8-12 year old kids.

Unfortunately the older kids understood the game...but not so much the rules.

One time...just once...I talked when I should not have.

A kid from the opposing team LITERALLY ran over our goalie.  Knocked her straight to the ground.  Then they scored and I said to my wife sitting next to me "If they are going to let these younger kids call the games they should teach them the rules of the game."  

(This was after a few games of missed offsides and other small calls that it is good to teach the younger players.  I get they aren't going to call everything all the time, but if you go a whole game and never call an offsides the kids never learn what they are doing wrong as players.)

Anyway that one time one of the uppity ups from the league was behind me and said loud enough for me to hear but not directly to me "If people want to complain are the kids can volunteer to do the job."

So I shut my mouth and realized I shouldn't say anything...until the next day when I realized I *should* have said something:  I wasn't complaining so much about the kids or the volunteers but rather about the ADULTS who only cared about the upper/competitive leagues.  they already were working with the younger kids they thought they could use at the next level.  The rest were just objects for them to run around.

Don't miss that at all.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Madison soccer team endures criticism because players have short hair - GMDino - 08-07-2017, 11:56 AM