Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison soccer team endures criticism because players have short hair
(08-07-2017, 11:39 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I remember when my two oldest played soccer and watching other parents lose their minds. There was more than a few times a parent or parents would threaten the refs, coaches, other parents and their own child with violence. "I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOU IN THE PARKING LOT AFTER THE GAME!" yelled parents at that 15 year old ref, "We are going to TALK about this." It was disgusting.

Soccer is a too violent spectator sport, it brings out the worse in people for some reason.

I walked out of the school once after a workout in the off season as a baseball game was ending. Two umpires were walking through the parking lot after the game and a parent from our school started accosting them. I walked over between them and told the gentleman he was making an ass out of himself and his school, and to walk away. He proceeded to ask who the hell I was and to mind my own business. I explained I was actually a coach for the school, albeit a different sport, but if he wanted to ever be allowed back on school grounds he needed to leave now. In another act of parent stupidity, I once had a parent shove me after forfeiting a match where his kid obviously had a concussion. To make things better he is a freaking cop and should know better.

I am in my 8th year as a head coach at a high school, and to be frank this will be my last. I love coaching, but I hate the parents and the red tape that comes with it now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Madison soccer team endures criticism because players have short hair - Au165 - 08-07-2017, 12:25 PM