Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If a North Korean nuclear attack happened
(08-07-2017, 12:56 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't think anything in regard to NK can be attributed to anything Trump has done or not done. Going back 20 years, they threaten a nuclear attack on the US at least monthly. Hard to say anything in the last 6 months changes much the way the US reacts to NK.

As to the last, I would say if the US were nuked, they would have to respond with nukes. I don't think there's any diplomatic channel available after someone nukes you, it's an act of war. 

I guess my question is can we really respond with nukes? And at what point?

I think one of the dilemmas facing the US if North Korea decided to launch nukes towards us is we would obviously try to shoot them down, but with that response comes the possibility of starting a conflict with Russia if we are not able to alert them in time that the missiles we're firing are intended for North Korea and not Russia. It's apparently a Russian conspiracy that the US will use a "defensive strike" to attack Russia. If the North launched a nuke some experts say that we would not have the time to alert the Russians before firing off our own defensive barrage because of how time sensitive the entire situation would be.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If a North Korean nuclear attack happened - Matt_Crimson - 08-08-2017, 09:10 PM