Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CTE Solution To Prevent The End Of The NFL?
(08-08-2017, 12:53 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You are being quite ignorant. 

Your doctor didnt scan you for CTE. He scanned you for brain damage. There is a difference.

CTE can ONLY be diagnosed right now through AUTOPSY. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/new-brain-scan-leap-cte-research-article-1.2636640
But the tau that causes CTE is visible, so I wasn't really being ignorant.  

Also, if a brain has suffered enough trauma to have CTE, there would be visible damage.
(08-08-2017, 05:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: There is no debate, so I don't seem to understand what you thought you were debating. You kept trying to argue something that isn't debatable. The answer to your initial question was "No, you can not see any signs of CTE in scans we have today". You proceeded to argue that point with multiple people when it was in fact an understood fact. You tried reasoning it out in relation to your issues as people continued to simply tell you the actual facts around the issue.

There is no bias, you just don't like to be told you're wrong.

(08-08-2017, 07:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Wheezy posted a link for you already explaining that as of now there is no way to recognize CTE without an autopsy, as I and other people have tried to explain to you. People are trying to find new ways, but they don't exist yet.

(08-08-2017, 07:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: Well Brad there isn't, and you're wrong, hence why no one has found a way to tell someone they have CTE while they are living yet. You are not a doctor and your presumption is wrong based on all known medical science around the subject. If they could tie any correlation from brain scans to CTE I'm sure they would love to but that's not been discovered.  If you have new information you should sell it to the NFL so they can bury it or use it, either way it would be worth a fortune.

If you read the link you'd see they are working on scans but it's preliminary and not close to being ready for actual use.

I actually did read the link but, until now, I didn't really pick up on it to notice what was obviously proving my point.

There was a buildup of tau in the brain scans that is visible before death, and the tau leads to CTE, so no, I'm not wrong, but thanks for making me look it up to prove you wrong.

Here's a link showing healthy tau and damaged tau, which may not show exactly CTE, but it's what causes CTE.  

Therefore, you do brain scans, and, if a player is missing tau or it's damaged, you end their career.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: CTE Solution To Prevent The End Of The NFL? - BFritz21 - 08-08-2017, 10:04 PM