Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CTE Solution To Prevent The End Of The NFL?
(08-09-2017, 10:50 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Are injuries increased because of the practice rules as you claimed? Or are injuries increased because of players targeting knees to avoid penalties for helmet to helmet hits as you also claimed? You don't know. Claiming injuries are up because of decreased practice is uninformed and lazy.

You're the one who claimed the practice rule changes were to rest veterans and had nothing to do with head injuries. I just used two rookies as examples your logic is flawed at best.

Williams' injury happened during OTAs even before minicamp.

At best that is completely false. At worst, completely laughable. Discs don't herniate and ACLs don't tear because "probably because he hasn't been able to work with the team freely."

These are significant injuries that require a great amount of force to tear tissues completely in two.

Your thoughts on the concussion protocol are completely out of touch with current medical practices developed by numerous board certified neurologist independent of the NFL. The NFL didn't come up with the concussion protocol, they adopted the best practices of doctors that didn't have anything to do with the NFL. What education, training, or experience do you have that makes you more qualified than any of the thousands of neurologists who use the concussion protocols that have been developed over decades? Absolutely none.

After hearing Jamal Adams answer a question regarding head injuries recently, I really doubt that is true. After hearing one player say dinosaurs aren't real, but mermaids are real; I know that isn't true.

You don't think concussion protocols are necessary so I know you don't know the risks, either. A person who doesn't know the risks claiming other people you have never met know the risks has zero credibility.

1. Injuries are up since the cba. Go back and read, you crying about it will not change the numbers.

2. The practice rules were put in place to favor vets. Not all teams gave veteran days off, this rule didn't affect the bengals much since marvin has always have the vets more time off in season. The off season rules are what hurt development and lead to injuries.

3. Williams injuries were found in the ore draft process by some teams.

4. When you go from doing nothing into doing everything it puts a stress on the body. Not having the ability to get physical before camp puts people at risk when they have to push and pull when theg are already fatigued.

5. The only reason we have the concussion protocol is because of the lawsuit. So outside of the protecting the league against another lawsuit what exactly is it even doing?

6. Maybe Jamal Adams doesn't care? I am sure almost all players would keep playing if they dropped the concussion protocol. Why are we supposed to care about the players health and well being? It's their health I trust them to make their own healthcare decisions
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: CTE Solution To Prevent The End Of The NFL? - StLucieBengal - 08-10-2017, 12:09 PM