Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock Market "Buy" signals - 2016 deficiencies seem Upgraded in most areas for 2017
(08-10-2017, 01:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The amazing thing about us is...we haven't won a playoff game in 25 straight seasons...yet every offseason we think it's our year.

Marvin is like a guy Walking a Tight Rope between two Skyscrapers each year. Getting to the other side would mean a Playoff win.

On many occasions he can walk 4/5 of the way and make the Playoffs only to lose the Playoff game.

On two occasions he walked within INCHES of being able to reach the 2nd building and win a Playoff game. The Wind kicked up (so to speak) with injuries to Dalton and Palmer those 2 seasons and he fell to the bottom again. His best 2 teams without the starting QB.

It is that "almost" or "just about there" feeling we have had (like in 2015) that keeps me at least thinking that he could actually make it to the other side someday.

Is he Bill Belichik ? Of course not.

Can we look pretty sound as an Organization when we do the 4/5 of the way, 5 straight Playoff appearances walk ?  Yes

Do we wonder what if, had Palmer & Dalton played those 2 Best Team's seasons that they were hurt ?  I do

Had they played, maybe Marvin would have taken that last step.

The Marvin "almost" did it feeling makes it still seem possible to actually happen one day, if healthy.

May be a Coyote versus the Road Runner fool's dream. I get that but 2 times we had really good teams without the starting QB. Just like the Coyote had the Road Runner in a cage for a few seconds before he got out while the Coyote was getting his plate, fork and knife.

"Almost".

This year may be Marvin's last try at the Tight Rope though. He may just get across this time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stock Market "Buy" signals - 2016 deficiencies seem Upgraded in most are... - depthchart - 08-10-2017, 02:02 PM