Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
(08-12-2017, 07:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have been contemplating that picture all day. I have wanted to say something about it, but I can't find the words to adequately express my emotions about it.

(08-12-2017, 07:57 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No, that includes them. Of course, they wouldn't have been in that helicopter there had it not been for the carpetbagging bigots of the alt-right.

That picture is impressive because although he (presumably) doesn't agree with what they're saying yet he's still defending their right to say it, because it's his job and it's their right, and that's an admirable demonstration of how things are supposed to work. Blaming the helicopter crash on the protestors is fairly ridiculous. I'm going to have to delve into the slimy territory of defending these shitheads on this matter, but the simple fact is they planned a protest. Even the guys carrying their weapons around were doing so legally, protesting legally (at least at first) regardless of the filth they spew out of their mouth.

"Counter-protestors" showed up with the express intent of blocking other's free speech and committing violence. That's wrong. They escalated a situation from a bunch of racist Nazi shitbags legally protesting, to a violent skirmish in the street. That skirmish is what caused that helicopter to be needed, which resulted in it being crashed. The carpetbagging bigots of the alt-right weren't the cause of that helicopter being needed, because they were (disgustingly) using their rights in a legal manner. No skirmish would have broken out if they had just been ignored with the disdain that they deserve.

Just because they are horrible people, though, does not mean they can be refused free speech and the right to assembly. That's something that needs to be remembered in this situation.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - TheLeonardLeap - 08-12-2017, 11:41 PM
Just a reminder - StLucieBengal - 08-14-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Nately120 - 08-14-2017, 09:26 PM
RE: Just a reminder - BmorePat87 - 08-14-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Benton - 08-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Weimar America - THE Bigzoman - 08-19-2017, 08:40 PM