Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
So, a few comments.

The idea that counter-protesting is done with the express intent of blocking free speech and inciting violence is offensive to the hundreds of clergy and other faith leaders as well as the local community that were there counter-protesting and had nothing to do with the violence, except be victims of it.

Now, the whole back and forth over who is responsible for the events turning violent. I've said before, I don't care who threw the first punch. What occurred in Charlottesville was the that alt-right, white nationalist cum stains preyed on a community. They took advantage of a local issue and used it to spread their message of hate and gain attention. They knew, 100% guaranteed they knew, that their presence would bring in a counter group. These two groups come from all over the country. They aren't locals. They don't give two rabbit turds about the statue and park debate. They are only there to use this as an opportunity to carry out their fight that has been going on all across the nation. This is evidenced by how most of the people involved in these events aren't locals.

People want to say that if antifa, or whoever the ****, would just let them do their thing it would be done and over with. But the alt-right dickheads want those counter groups there. That is why they do this. This is their battle, this is what they are trying to do. They go to cities wanting to instigate the counter groups and gain sympathy for their cause. It swells their ranks for those sympathetic to their actions who blame it all on antifa. I blame all of them. I blame all of these people that travel all over the country and take advantage of these local issues and lay waste to communities that were already dealing with terrible strife.

Now, for those of you saying it would be fine without the antifa folks there, you're wrong. Clergy were attacked yesterday. Local clergy that were standing there singing were attacked. Local public figures that were just counter-protesting peacefully were pepper sprayed, assaulted, and spit on by the white nationalists. The night before, a small group of university students surrounded a statue on campus and were swarmed by white-nationalists carrying torches who beat them with flaming torches. Let me say this again, these counter-protesting students were in a small circle around this statue, holding a sign and linking arms, not doing anything violent, and they were beat with flaming torches by the same white nationalists that would be rallying the next day.

So, the reason I blame this on the white nationalists only is because if they would not have been there, none of this would have happened. They bring antifa with them. Both sides of that are pieces of shit that are violent, that are not just defending themselves, and they take advantage of communities in an effort to further their cause, not caring about the do in their wake. The alt-right relies on the naive to think they are the victims rather than aggressive, predatory, violent, carpetbagging bigots. Antifa wants the world to think they are just counter-protestors, but the counter-protestors are the local folks that end up in the hospital being caught in the crossfire between these two sides. If you come to a protest with weapons, whichever side you are on, you are doing it wrong.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - Belsnickel - 08-13-2017, 07:36 AM
Just a reminder - StLucieBengal - 08-14-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Nately120 - 08-14-2017, 09:26 PM
RE: Just a reminder - BmorePat87 - 08-14-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Benton - 08-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Weimar America - THE Bigzoman - 08-19-2017, 08:40 PM