Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity'
(08-13-2017, 04:53 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Being a nurse prac. in the military it was probably easy for you to not worry about transgenders and your life wasn't on the line if one had a bad day and got depressed. I know plenty of vets and haven't met one who wanted to serve with transgenders. And they didn't want to know if any of them were gay.

The Army has Battalion PAs, no Battalion NPs.

1) Anyone with any Army experience knows this.

2) I've been crystal clear about what I did in the Army, but I'm not surprised you reached the wrong conclusion after reading specific information once again.

Furthermore, as a PA I was assigned to Infantry units. My life certainly was on the line if someone, regardless of gender, had a "bad day." The fact you don't realize this and are making ignorant statements completely devoid of any truth based in reality underscores my previous statements you (and Trump) lack the experience to have an informed opinion.

Additionally, I was an infantryman my first decade in the Army before becoming a PA. From Private to Sergeant First Class. Rifleman to Platoon Sergeant. In 3rd Ranger Battalion, 4th Ranger Training Battalion, and the 101st.

Which means I know a helluva lot more vets and their views than you ever will. I can tell you there are many things we didn't want to do, but we did because of discipline.

I can also tell you I wasn't exactly crazy about the prospect of spooning with a gay guy during Ranger School to stay warm during the winter. Why? Because it made me feel uncomfortable. I wanted to discriminate against another American and take away their freedom to serve their country because of my feelings. I realized the problem wasn't with the other person's sexual orientation. The problem was my mental weakness with knowing their sexual orientation. So I realized trying to deny someone else the freedom to serve their country based upon my mental weakness is 100% wrong. If you or the vets you pretend to know are uncomfortable with homosexuals or transgenders serving in the military, I know you and your imaginary friends are mentally weak beyond a shadow of a doubt. As I just explained, I also understand why you and your imaginary friends are wrong.

Anyone who has ever seen a war movie knows medics depend on infantrymen for security which means you have less credibility than a casual observer of Hacksaw Ridge.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-13-2017, 09:13 AM