Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Hill AND Bernard both in danger?
(08-13-2017, 12:45 AM)kevin Wrote: This team hasn't won in the Play-Offs for a long, long time, So I don't expect any of you new millennials to know this.  Last time we won, really won, we had James Brooks, Icky Woods, Stanley Wilson, Stanford Jennings at running back.  The other Super Bowl year we had Pete Johnson, Charles Alexander, Archie Griffin....The 1970 play-off team had Paul Robinson, Jess Phillips, Essex Johnson.....So IF people really want Play-Off Wins, it's going to take Hill, Bernard, Mixon and maybe also Carson and Peerman.  Over the course of a game or a season you have to put in fresh legs to get to Play-Off Wins....Same goes for needing McCarron and all other TEAM DEPTH...I hate to point it out, but the window of opportunity is closing on the 2011 Draft Choices Dalton and Green.  I think they can get us to The Promised Land, but they will need much more depth than they ever had in the Play-Off one and done seasons.....So as far as spots go, there is a spot for all of them and all good players who can help get Dalton and Green to The Super Bowl. ...Those talking trading for draft picks in preseason are too use to losing. Maybe they never saw Bengals in winning years, maybe not even born.  To be the best, we will need all the good players we can have in 2017, and trading for 2018 isn't and shouldn't be on the table. It's time to man up and go deep in the Play-Offs NOW, while we have Dalton, Green, Atkins, Dunlap on this team still in their prime years. 
The Bengal centric wisdom of this post can not and should not be overlooked. The focus on several stars (fantasy football/ analytic mentality) versus a locker room full of studs next man up mentality . The talk of who should go over who going into a season......really ? WE NEED THEM ALL !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Hill AND Bernard both in danger? - John Shaft - 08-13-2017, 09:43 PM