Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The O Line looked OK Preseason Game One
(08-14-2017, 12:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's encouraging that the line played well.

I just don't think you'd see them look terrible in the preseason. It's not like the opposing coach is going to devise a game plan to attack Ced or Bodine. Teams kind of vanilla things down to see how their guys respond.

The 1990's Bengals and the 2008 Bengals looked just AWFUL in preseason getting Ki-Jana killed, getting Carson Palmer killed.  Watching that in preseasons past and those teams had 4 or 3 win seasons.  Sad to say, I have seen some just awful Bengals O Lines in preseasons past.  I did not see QB's and RB's getting blown up on snap of the ball Friday Night.  Of course it is early. I'm hoping they PROTECT THE SUPER STAR again against the Chiefs this weekend.  Burt Reynolds movie is simple but correct, from pee wee on up, the key is PROTECT THE QUARTERBACK. Do that and you win. Don't and you lose. As good as Peyton Manning was, that Super Bowl Seattle had him on his backside all game, they didn't protect the Super Star and lost.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The O Line looked OK Preseason Game One - kevin - 08-14-2017, 12:56 PM