Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
(08-14-2017, 01:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I would agree with you, if that was what was happening. The Nazis, alt-right, white nationalist, white supremacists, etc., that came to Charlottesville were not there to exercise free speech on a political situation. They were there to incite violence. They came looking for a fight. The evidence exists in forum and blog posts, podcasts, social media, and their actions. They attacked peaceful demonstrators Friday night that did not pose any threat. They attacked clergy that did not pose any threat. They attacked many peaceful protesters. That was why they got shut down in the park and then they were fed to the wolves of Antifa out in the street.

The group that had the car run into was coming back from a predominantly black neighborhood that was being harassed by a mob of the white supremacists. No altercation happened there, they were headed there only to show support and there was no violence other than Market Street, where the park lies, and on 4th/Water St. Well, during the day. In the evening there were roaming bands of these shitstains that attacked people in the city. They were not there to exercise free speech, they were there for violence.

I abhor all violent groups, but I lay the blame for all of this at the feet of the Nazi scum that came to the city. We need to stop pretending that they are just trying to exercise free speech, because they are there to incite violence, nothing more. That's why they called this weekend a success on their websites. That;s why one of the leader, Weimbach I believe, is quoted saying as much to the Guardian.

In this particular incident I completely agree with you.  My point is that this incident did not occur in a vacuum and the political violence has been going on for well over a year now.  The only thing that makes this incident stand out in that regard is that a person lost their life.  This is horrible, it was also bound to happen at some point given how things have been progressing.  There has been a lot of violence directed at political speech of late and in far too many cases those perpetrating the violence have been treated with an insane amount of leniency.  This only emboldens those who would engage in further violence.

Like I said in the post you quoted, we agree this needs to be addressed, and in strong terms.  If it had been addressed in strong terms when it began then very possibly this weekend's events don't unfold the way they did and that young lady would still be alive.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-14-2017, 02:01 PM
Just a reminder - StLucieBengal - 08-14-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Nately120 - 08-14-2017, 09:26 PM
RE: Just a reminder - BmorePat87 - 08-14-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Benton - 08-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Weimar America - THE Bigzoman - 08-19-2017, 08:40 PM