Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raise Act to save $1 Trillion by 2027
I'd have to see some better numbers. Off the top of my head, the basis seems irrational.

These unskilled workers are largely paying for themselves as that taxpayer dependent. If a guy works 40 years paying into SS and draws it out, he's picking up what he's already put in. If he lives here, the wages he earns are taxed multiple times, from payroll to FICA to sales to income. And they're providing a cheap labor force that pretty much keeps small businesses going. Even migrant workers and temp visas greatly help with that.

I don't understand the push to create tens of thousands of hard to fill low wage jobs that aren't going to get filled by a lazy kid from the suburbs.

Our jobs problem doesn't have anything to do with immigration. It's just unheard of greed. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Greed has built some pretty awesome things. But it has to have balance. You can't maintain an economy with record corporate profits and record employee compensation lows (a few years ago we were at an 85 year high for corporate earnings while wages remained stagnant... and that was under Obama, so who knows how more recent labor changes are going to effect that).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raise Act to save $1 Trillion by 2027 - Benton - 08-15-2017, 11:19 AM