Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What could Mike, Marv and Dalton do to sway your opinion of them?
Obviously the Bengals have enjoyed unprecedented regular season success over the last 4 years. They've also set NFL records for playoff ineptitude during the same span. Pretty much everyone places the most blame for that on either the Owner, Head Coach and QB for the failures. Or some combination of the three.

So what are 3 things that each one could do that would sway your opinion of them and make you feel close to 100% positive about them going forward? I'll start this off. Hopefully it gets some good discussion going.

Mike Brown

1. Build a practice facility. Marv wants one. The players want one. This alone should be enough to make fans want one as well.

2. Hire a GM. This might be something that should wait until Marv moves on, but a GM would help this franchise maintain continuity through coaching changes. It'd also fill Marv's void as a voice of reason to tell Mike Brown that trying a TE at Center may not be a good idea. I'd like to see Marv in this role if he decides to step down at some point, although I'm not sure he'd be interested.

3. Hold sub-par coaches and players accountable. Don't reward mediocrity with loyalty. Restructure a contract every now and then if warranted. Great franchises do this all the time.

Marvin Lewis

1. Be more aggressive in playoff games. I'm not one of those that always says Marv needs to be more aggressive. He actually has been much more aggressive lately, going for it on 4th down a lot, mixing in trick plays, etc. In the playoffs this seems to disappear though. It just feels like we've never had a creative game plan in a playoff game.

2. Find some natural leaders, and don't discourage them when they show this trait. This team is lacking in that category.

3. Find a way to get this team hot going into the playoffs. Easier said then done I guess.

Andy Dalton

1. Cut down the INT's. Pretty simple. 17-20 is just too many. 12-14 would be better.

2. Play better against the Browns. Dalton was fine against the Ravens and Steelers last year. Against the Browns, saying he's tough to watch is putting it nicely. It just seems like he sails every throw. It's tough to figure out why Dalton can look good one week, then look like this against the Browns (or occasionally other teams).

3. Find a target not named AJ Green that he relies on regularly. MLJ and Eifert are obvious candidates. Dalton pretty much ignored Sanu when AJ was healthy last year. It makes our offense extremely predictable when opposing defenses only have to worry about stopping AJ Green.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What could Mike, Marv and Dalton do to sway your opinion of them? - Shake n Blake - 08-09-2015, 07:15 PM