Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Driskel Allow A McCarron Trade?
(08-15-2017, 06:22 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I don't know about making him the backup, but he sure did impress me.  Of course, you wonder how he'd do against a 1st team defense?
Hopefully, wouldn't need to find out, but you also have to consider both sides of that question and wonder how he'd do with a first team offense.

You have to figure that we'd dumb-down the offense and make it fit to his strengths, with doing things like running almost a wildcat-type offense like with his run on the score and the other impressive run I mentioned.

(08-15-2017, 06:25 PM)El guapo Wrote: Has McCarron ever played that we'll? Not that I recall. If the Bengals can get a high pick for him they should take it.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
Should have led us to our first playoff win in over two decades if Hill didn't fumble away our dreams.

He also didn't play bad in the regular season when Andy was injured.

(08-15-2017, 06:32 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I'd like to see how Driskel does mid-season against a starting defense before we start considering anything.
We likely won't see him mid-season against a starting defense, and, by then, it will likely be too late to trade him.
(08-15-2017, 06:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I doubt that a team is going to offer anything of value for McCarron at this point. It's too late to get him to come in and learn and offense.
Still about a month left.  I think he could learn an offense or just the basics and add-on as the season goes with studying a lot.
(08-15-2017, 07:49 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: It might be that Driskel is our #2 next year after McCarron leaves in FA and we get the comp 3rd for AJ. That's as close as we'll probably get though.

That wouldn't be bad, but we need to strike while the iron's hot if possible.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Driskel Allow A McCarron Trade? - BFritz21 - 08-15-2017, 08:04 PM