Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
(08-15-2017, 08:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/15/full-text-trump-comments-white-supremacists-alt-left-transcript-241662

Full text.

"But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists, by any stretch. Those people were also there because they wanted to protest the taking down of a statue, Robert E. Lee. So and you take a look at the groups and you see and you'd know it if you were honest reporters, but many of those people were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. And this week it's Robert E. Lee. I notice that Stonewall Jackson is coming down. I wonder, is it George Washington next week and Thomas Jefferson the week after. You know you really have to ask yourself where does it stop? But, they were there to protest – excuse me – you take a look the night before, they were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. Infrastructure question. Go ahead

"Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

" Oh no, George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down – excuse me. Are we going to take down, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him? Okay, good. Are we going to take down his statue? He was a major slave owner. Are we going to take down his statue? You know what? It’s fine, you’re changing history, you’re changing culture, and you had people – and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats – you had a lot of bad people in the other group too."

" There were people in that rally, and I looked the night before. If you look, they were people protesting very quietly, the taking down the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day, it looked like they had some rough, bad people, neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call ‘em. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest and very legally protest, because you know, I don't know if you know, but they had a permit. The other group didn't have a permit. So I only tell you this: there are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was a horrible moment for our country, a horrible moment. But there are two sides to the country. Does anybody have a final – does anybody have a final question? You have an infrastructure question."

"“I didn’t wait long, I didn’t wait long. I wanted to make sure, unlike most politicians, that what I said was correct, not make a quick statement. The statement I made on Saturday, the first statement, was a fine statement, but you don’t make statements that direct unless you know the fact. It takes a little while to get the facts. You still don’t know the facts. And it’s a very, very important process to me. And it’s a very important statement. So I don’t want to go quickly and just make a statement for the sake of making a political statement. I want to know the facts.”

REPORTER: Two questions: was this terrorism? And can you tell us how you are feeling about your Chief Strategist Steve Bannon?

TRUMP: I think the driver of the car is a disgrace to himself, his family and this country. And that is – you can call it terrorism, you can call it murder. You can call it whatever you want. I would just call it as the fastest one to come up with a good verdict. That’s what I’d call it. And there is a question. Is it murder? Is it terrorism? Then you get into legal semantics. The driver of the car is a murderer, and what he did was a horrible, horrible, inexcusable thing.

It's amazing how much worse he sounds when you read his speeches or press conferences. Those are the ramblings of a old, drunken, bigoted fool. Incoherent as all get out... It boggles my mind that he's taken seriously.

"Uh Thomas Jefferson; you like him? He was a major slave owner... Where does it stop?"

Conservatives... This is your guy?

You know it was all he could do to not say that they'd have to take down every MLK monument... (As Rush Limbaugh implied yesterday)... You know, because without George Washington and slavery; what did he ever do?

For the record,.. I don't have a problem with statues of Lee. It's hard to tell the story of Virginia or the United States without him.

Donald Trump is so small. At the first mention of McCain... "McCain who voted against healthcare?". No, John McCain; the man who served his country. We all know the backstory about being a POW, and refusing to be released before the others. Totured... Maimed... That John McCain...

For the record...I don't like John McCain. He's a fake maverick, and he introduced the world to Sarah Palin. He's a thousand times the man Donald Trump is though.

This is your guy? Republicans... This is your guy?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - jason - 08-15-2017, 11:03 PM
Just a reminder - StLucieBengal - 08-14-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Nately120 - 08-14-2017, 09:26 PM
RE: Just a reminder - BmorePat87 - 08-14-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Benton - 08-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Weimar America - THE Bigzoman - 08-19-2017, 08:40 PM