Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore removes 4 statues over night
(08-16-2017, 10:27 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: In the middle of typing this, I just have to add, I got a phone call into our departmental line and was just asked "Are you all going to change the name of the university since James Madison was a slave owner and came up with the three-fifth's?" So we have that to look forward to.

Madison, Washington, and Jefferson were vital people in the foundation of this country. Without them, there would be no United States of America as we know it in history and today. For better or for worse, everything that has transpired since the 1770's was due to them as they laid the framework for what the future would bring. They owned slaves yes, but they only owned slaves because England allowed it to happen. Afterall, all roots of slavery and racism in America goes directly back to England and Europe, for they were the true masters of it that left those seeds of hatred here after we kicked them out. 

Anyways that is me rambling on changing Madison's name, because I wouldnt myself.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Baltimore removes 4 statues over night - Millhouse - 08-16-2017, 02:54 PM