Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore removes 4 statues over night
(08-16-2017, 09:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The final one was a surprise to me, but I understand why it was removed. It was a statue of Roger Taney, Marylander and Chief Justice who decided against the Missouri Compromise and Dred Scott. As a coworker pointed out to me, they had already renamed an elementary school in a predominantly black neighborhood from Roger Taney ES to Thurgood Marshall ES.

This right here is why this current movement really troubles me.  My views on the confederacy are well known here.  This person was not a confederate, he made a court ruling that is historically unpopular and contemptible by today's standards.  It begs the question, who's next?  George Washington owned slaves, erase him from our currency, no longer celebrate his birthday and destroy the Washington monument?  Thomas Jefferson, same problem, he's got to go.  Lincoln?  Freed the slaves but his view of black people would peg him square in the racist category, he's got to go.  Patton was well known for being antisemitic, all things Patton must be erased.  Truman nuked Japanese civilians, horrible person, he's got to go.  

I really don't like where this is heading.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Baltimore removes 4 statues over night - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-16-2017, 07:14 PM