Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally some life showing in Dennard.
(08-17-2017, 12:25 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Dennards career looks alot like Dre K.  Message board whopping boy.  Hes never really been healthy and hasnt really gotten his shot, much like Dre K early in his career.  I still have faith in Dennard.  Think hes gonna open alot of eyes this year if he can finally stay healthy.

Dennard has never played less than 10 games in a season. He's played 14, 10, and 15 games in his career. He's been healthy enough, and he got a shot... he just blew it by not being good and losing out on the job against Josh Shaw, a 4th rounder who has a year less experience than him.

Here is a stat for you. Dennard played 30.7% of the defensive snaps last year. If you play nearly 1/3rd of all the defensive snaps, and people still believe you haven't gotten a shot, you probably just suck.

Dude is a first round pick and "the best rookie CB I have ever seen" according to Marvin Lewis, but got passed by Shaw on the depth chart.

I will agree with you that Dennard's career is a lot like Kirkpatrick's. They were both busts as first round picks.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally some life showing in Dennard. - TheLeonardLeap - 08-17-2017, 01:34 AM