Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Democratic senator "hopes Trump is assassinated"
(08-18-2017, 07:01 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I knew they would eventually report on it. I was pointing out the fact they hadn't yet when other outlets were already reporting on it hours earlier. Which is strange to me considering a state senator literally said she hopes the president is assassinated.

I feel like if this was some old white republican senator saying this about Obama it would have been breaking news on CNN. If they want to talk about rhe rhetoric that inspires hate groups, then a black senator that supports black lives matter who posts on Facebook about how she hopes the president is assassinated is a great example. Or maybe it's only old white men that can incite these racist idealogies and that's the only time it deserves exceptional attention?

Yeah well. I've been visiting this place for quite some time, and this "if the shoe were on the other foot" argument comes frequently. I don't think it holds too much merit here. First, there was a terrorist attack in Spain, that consumes time. Your media doesn't cover a broad scope of subjects. Second, she wasn't an all important political figure, and not a senator. And third, they did report it. 

I get an idea of how political Americans tend to think in teams, and CNN is considered to be part of the other team. To me it's a trap they cannot avoid. Someone will always spin the things they report or don't report the way you did. It isn't quite accurate, and it isn't quite helpful, for in the end it fuels a conspiracy (CNN is under the carpet with democrats, they suppress stories, they are complicit in a hate tweet etc.) - And when trying to be objective (which is always a subjective feeling in the end), I think a terrorist attack is more important - as is an US president seriously suggesting methods like killing a group of moslems with bullets put in pig blood and let one survive to tell "his people". If Obama had said something like that... it always goes both ways. But whatever, those were the stories of the day. Another day, the tweet might have been featured more heavily.

It wasn't swept under the rug, she will face the consequences, and leaving it at that is the more harmonic way then to engage in a forced media/CNN outrage. Those things also contribute to an environment of mistrust.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democratic senator "hopes Trump is assassinated" - hollodero - 08-18-2017, 07:32 AM