Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Democratic senator "hopes Trump is assassinated"
(08-18-2017, 09:11 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: She is a state senator, I think that's important. She's not the president of the United States but she still holds an influential position. As far as the reporting of the article I already had this thread typed out and ready to post but searched for about an hour looking for other articles on it to make sure it was real and accurate. I searched the CNN site trying to find any mention of it and I didn't find anything. I searched on google and no results showed up anywhere. Then all of a sudden it's there. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but other outlets were clearly shown to have reported it. Fox News was also one of the top results that popped up but I couldn't find anything from CNN. 

I can't tell you. Maybe it just popped up when I got the news of the day, might be coincidence. I stumbled across the story at once.

(08-18-2017, 09:11 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: For the record I'm not on any "side". I actually really used to like CNN and hate Fox News with a passion. But over the last year and a half or so I've really noticed how bias and ridiculous the reporting at CNN is. Yes, I understand a terrorist attack happened, but there's been multiple times where Ive seen CNN talk about something like Trump's comments about someone's weight or something and spend hours, sometimes days talking about something pretty minuscule when there were other important things happening in world. It's not all "conspiracy". Maybe I was wrong and they did report it earlier and for some reason my computer couldn't pick it up, but CNN clearly does have an agenda. Other times when I've searched for articles for their authenticity I've had no problem finding any mention of it by CNN.

An agenda... I mean, maybe they have an agenda. They sure don't like Trump and it's obvious. I for one can't really blame them. When a president uses his influence to deligitimize you and call you fake news whenever he doesn't like what is reported, while at the same time putting out one fabricated story after another, there's a counter-reaction to that. Can't see how there wouldn't.
But that's all I see as an agenda. They dislike Trump. They paint him as a primitive, classless radical who's divisive and puts himself over country, allies and friends. I for one see him as just that (and it's not because CNN tells me to) - if one sees him differently, I can understand the agenda argument.

The importance of stories is difficult to weigh. An US president attacking reporters and politicians by name and with very derogatory terms is newsworthy, one cannot easily ignore that, even though other things are going on in this world too. Even our European media reports on those things, for again he's the president. I don't want to stress this point too intensely though, I share the annoyance about certain things on CNN (like the weekly always exact same discussions about record low approval ratings and such). I am not exactly a fan. But some on team GOP (if you're not, ok, it just looked that way and I tend to throw people into one pot) take it way too far with their critizism. It's not a democrats' outlet, and the voices calling manipulation and propaganda usually just see what they expect in the first place.
You didn't do that, granted. But you seemed to take a similar line, and I want to call for caution on that. CNN is far more trustworthy then what the president says, at the very least. Painting it differently, as the WH wants to do, makes misinformation like it's coming out of the WH way easier. That's where I'm coming from, that's why I wanted to raise my voice against exaggerated CNN critizism (or what I saw as exaggerated, based on the fact that I found that story there).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democratic senator "hopes Trump is assassinated" - hollodero - 08-18-2017, 09:36 AM