Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Democratic senator "hopes Trump is assassinated"
(08-18-2017, 09:11 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: She is a state senator, I think that's important. She's not the president of the United States but she still holds an influential position. As far as the reporting of the article I already had this thread typed out and ready to post but searched for about an hour looking for other articles on it to make sure it was real and accurate. I searched the CNN site trying to find any mention of it and I didn't find anything. I searched on google and no results showed up anywhere. Then all of a sudden it's there. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but other outlets were clearly shown to have reported it. Fox News was also one of the top results that popped up but I couldn't find anything from CNN. 

For the record I'm not on any "side". I actually really used to like CNN and hate Fox News with a passion. But over the last year and a half or so I've really noticed how bias and ridiculous the reporting at CNN is. Yes, I understand a terrorist attack happened, but there's been multiple times where Ive seen CNN talk about something like Trump's comments about someone's weight or something and spend hours, sometimes days talking about something pretty minuscule when there were other important things happening in world. It's not all "conspiracy". Maybe I was wrong and they did report it earlier and for some reason my computer couldn't pick it up, but CNN clearly does have an agenda. Other times when I've searched for articles for their authenticity I've had no problem finding any mention of it by CNN.

(08-18-2017, 07:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: That CNN story was online three hours before you posted this thread. It went up about the same time as the NYP story.

Take a look at the time stamps on the stories. CNN lists GMT, which is 4 hours ahead. NYP uses EDT. CNN's story actually went up before the NYP story. If the CNN story didn't pop up in your searching, then it may be a result of your overall search patterns causing the algorithms to not show it for you. It's how these search engines help reinforce our opinions and create confirmation bias.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democratic senator "hopes Trump is assassinated" - Belsnickel - 08-18-2017, 09:44 AM