Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Democratic senator "hopes Trump is assassinated"
(08-18-2017, 09:36 AM)hollodero Wrote: I can't tell you. Maybe it just popped up when I got the news of the day, might be coincidence. I stumbled across the story at once.

An agenda... I mean, maybe they have an agenda. They sure don't like Trump and it's obvious. I for one can't really blame them. When a president uses his influence to deligitimize you and call you fake news whenever he doesn't like what is reported, while at the same time putting out one fabricated story after another, there's a counter-reaction to that. Can't see how there wouldn't.
But that's all I see as an agenda. They dislike Trump. They paint him as a primitive, classless radical who's divisive and puts himself over country, allies and friends. I for one see him as just that (and it's not because CNN tells me to) - if one sees him differently, I can understand the agenda argument.

The importance of stories is difficult to weigh. An US president attacking reporters and politicians by name and with very derogatory terms is newsworthy, one cannot easily ignore that, even though other things are going on in this world too. Even our European media reports on those things, for again he's the president. I don't want to stress this point too intensely though, I share the annoyance about certain things on CNN (like the weekly always exact same discussions about record low approval ratings and such). I am not exactly a fan. But some on team GOP (if you're not, ok, it just looked that way and I tend to throw people into one pot) take it way too far with their critizism. It's not a democrats' outlet, and the voices calling manipulation and propaganda usually just see what they expect in the first place.
You didn't do that, granted. But you seemed to take a similar line, and I want to call for caution on that. CNN is far more trustworthy then what the president says, at the very least. Painting it differently, as the WH wants to do, makes misinformation like it's coming out of the WH way easier. That's where I'm coming from, that's why I wanted to raise my voice against exaggerated CNN critizism (or what I saw as exaggerated, based on the fact that I found that story there).

Newsworthy? Yes. Breaking news type headlines with his tweets and Russia being 99% of your talking points?  No. I don't see how that is warranted. There's nothing wrong with CNN reporting about Trump, it's how much they report on everything he does that's the problem. Funny thing is, they say Trump won the presidency because of how much they reported on him yet they continue to do it anyway.

By no means is Trump close to being a "perfect" president, but CNN hated the guy before he became president and just continue to show that they won't stop hating him until he's no longer president. Sad thing is, Trump continues to play right into their hands by continuing down the road his on with his insults and remarks. It's like they're playing tug of war with each other, and honestly I can't really tell who's winning at this point. But part of me also feels like all the tweeting and things going on is all a bunch of smokescreen and none of it is "real" in the sense of outrage or real criticism, but a means to attack for the sake of playing the "game"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democratic senator "hopes Trump is assassinated" - Matt_Crimson - 08-18-2017, 10:09 AM