Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Democratic senator "hopes Trump is assassinated"
(08-18-2017, 10:09 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Newsworthy? Yes. Breaking news type headlines with his tweets and Russia being 99% of your talking points?  No. I don't see how that is warranted. There's nothing wrong with CNN reporting about Trump, it's how much they report on everything he does that's the problem. Funny thing is, they say Trump won the presidency because of how much they reported on him yet they continue to do it anyway.

Well, that's a difficult call to make, especially as a consumer. It's subjective. You are annoyed by Russia. Many people probably are not (like me, as an European I am quite aware of the danger they pose and that we are under Russian propaganda attack - many Americans are fairly chilled about that one, and I think you're wrong in being chilled). CNN, being far from perfect, goes with sensationalism and with the ratings. That the 99% number is fairly exaggerated is something you know, I just want to emphasise how exaggerated it is. And Russia is by no means a media construction. It's not CNN, not the public opinion, not democrats that brought the investigations and the committees and the special counsel on. And the existence of these things are extraordinary. Is it too much Russia, too much Trump - I couldn't say. I don't have the comparison, I just know that it's quite a huge story overall. Just, FOX talks Trump all the time as well. It doesn't seem exclusive to media like CNN that you consider agenda-driven.

(08-18-2017, 10:09 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: By no means is Trump close to being a "perfect" president

lol, by no means close to perfect, that is putting it mildly.

(08-18-2017, 10:09 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: but CNN hated the guy before he became president and just continue to show that they won't stop hating him until he's no longer president. Sad thing is, Trump continues to play right into their hands by continuing down the road his on with his insults and remarks. It's like they're playing tug of war with each other, and honestly I can't really tell who's winning at this point. But part of me also feels like all the tweeting and things going on is all a bunch of smokescreen and none of it is "real" in the sense of outrage or real criticism, but a means to attack for the sake of playing the "game"

It's not what a president is supposed to do - worrying about the media first and foremost, about his perception; instead of running the country and these things. So sure he is enabling what you describe by going on the counter-attack at alleged attacks; he seems to feed off of it. In other instances, I am fairly certain he uses shocking tweets as a distraction, things where he knows about the media reaction. Another thing is, your president is a FOX tool, or FOX a president's tool, however you want to see it. But this is his station, FOX is the "good media" as opposed to the "fake news" (because they are on his side as of now, that's actually an "agenda"). So whenever you see CNN as being on the other side of the aisle, it might not be because they are, but because it is orchestrated that way by Team FOX and Trump.
And that they hate him? That's on Trump, not on an underlying CNN agenda. He wanted them to, left them no legit choice but to be in opposition. The lies and misinformations coming out of the WH are one thing. The direct attacks are another thing. It's not possible to keep it real and shed a light on the Trump side of the stories, when in most cases this side just makes bogus claims (I think it is fair to say that). However, CNN actually tries to bring Trump supporters on in their opinion pieces, like this tool Jeffrey Lord and then some, to keep it as balanced as possible. That most apolitical or politically independent figures that get interviewed are anti-Trump too, and hence that there is that imbalance, is not CNN's fault.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democratic senator "hopes Trump is assassinated" - hollodero - 08-18-2017, 12:12 PM