Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Defense Will Test Our O Line
(08-17-2017, 10:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i  saw improvement in his first pre season game from last year. .i did see some good first movement, nice down blocks on the run. disciplined with no penalties, it is a evolution.. he really is pretty much more than a rookie with the lack of time he has had at LT... it is going to take time like most young linemen.. he is going to have setbacks but we have to give him some games to really know if he can hold up as our tackle
His first movement in pass pro was ok just opening up, but he didn't seem to be able to react when defenders made moves towards his outside or inside shoulders.  I agree that he looked good in run blocking, but I wish that he had the same kind of motivation in pass pro because it seemed like he was along the lines of thinking "ok, it's a pass, so I don't have to move much, just stand here and get my hands on him."

Your confidence does make me feel a bit better, even if I don't necessarily agree with it.
(08-17-2017, 10:17 PM)CincyKid Wrote: Ced needs to find the nasty attitude all the great LT's have............until then MEH

I agree 100%.

That's what I was mentioning in the thread that I made about him, and that's that he was like a statue and just let defenders make moves and run by them.  I don't even think it's a nasty attitude that they have, but just more of a fire that they're not going to let anything happen to their quarterback.  

He wasn't bad in run blocking and like he wanted to get the job done, but he needs to improve and have the same determination in pass pro.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chiefs Defense Will Test Our O Line - BFritz21 - 08-18-2017, 05:05 PM