Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Elliot struggled again today in the scrimmage
(08-18-2017, 09:54 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: What "talented rookie/potential star", where? I don't see it at all. We already made a huge mistake by taking Elliott over Gonzalez. I figured you of all people would be beyond pissed about that, you were pushing for Gonzalez on draft day more than anyone else here. 

And trust me, I'm not saying Bullock is a hall of famer or anything. In fact, I'm not incredibly happy he's an option either. But if you been paying attention to the reports coming out of camp, you'll see that Bullock has consistently been the better kicker. Elliott has been consistently inconsistent. Yes, Bullock has been average over the past several years. But if he's outperforming Elliott, what does that tell you? Kicker struggles absolutely killed this team last year, I'd rather not go down that road again. Unfortunately, since we have little choice I'd rather go with the lesser of two evils.

But worry not. As I said, I see no way in hell this front office spends nearly $300k to cut a fifth round kicker. Your kicker crush is safe regardless of how much he struggles. I see a problem with that. Most people here do. But the people that count likely don't. This kicker competition is a facade. 

I'm not disappointed at all.  Simmons is possibly our best coach and knows what he is doing.  I changed my mind about Gonzalez after seeing Simmons' explanation, which makes sense to me.  He is not used to kicking in a cold climate and Elliott did better in tryouts.  Elliott is a rookie and is learning.  I hope they choose him.  I do not think we will be disappointed. If they choose the average to below average Bullock, we'll have to watch Elliott making big kicks for another team.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Elliot struggled again today in the scrimmage - BonnieBengal - 08-18-2017, 06:42 PM