Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally some life showing in Dennard.
(08-17-2017, 05:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I didn't realize I ever said anywhere that they had to be Pro Bowlers, or they're a bust.

What I DID say was that 1st round picks can't take 5 years to develop into a "solid starter" and not be considered a bust.

Would you trade a 1st round pick in 2012 for a 1st round pick in 2016? Because that's essentially what they did with Kirkpatrick taking 5 years to turn into a solid starter. Nobody wants that with their first round pick. You want stars, or barring that, immediate impact starters. Even 2nd year impact starters are acceptable depending on the position. Anything less than that is a miss.

Just like the Jags consider Reggie Nelson a bust. He turned out to be a great player for the Bengals and the Raiders, but the Jags used a 1st round pick on him and got a bad return from it. Bust =/= bad career. It just means the guy was not worth his pick.

- - - - - - - -

Dennard is heading into his fourth year, he played over 30% of the defensive snaps last year. If that's not enough time to pass judgement on if he was a good 1st round pick or not, then that alone is proof enough that it was a bad 1st round pick. Good 1st round picks don't take 4 years to MAYBE be able to judge if it was a good pick or not.

The last two years have been solid years for Dre.. injuries always play a role in draft picks.. you can go through every team and find players that are picked high that have had less snaps due to injuries.. hell numerous 1/2 round picks are out of football in their 5th year.

I don't consider either a bust.. injuries have held both back... no surprise when Dre finally got healthy he performed.. I am hopping Dennard is finally in the same spot.. i believe this is his first camp that he went injury free and no surprise the rumor is it was a solid camp for him... stay healthy Dennard and perform...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally some life showing in Dennard. - Essex Johnson - 08-18-2017, 09:53 PM