Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Myth of Having to Go Into a Season With Cap Space
(08-18-2017, 04:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I agree it happens other places Synric...but it's bad no matter how you slice it.

Think of the poor state healthcare and other programs are in. That money could be invested and used for other things.

$900 million of tax dollars. 0 playoff wins. That's a TERRIBLE return on investment!

It is if you don't understand business and ignore every benefit.
1. City gets city tax revenue from every player and paid employee from the Bengals.
2. City gets tax revenue from every opposing player, coach and employee who plays a game at PBS.
3. City gets tax revenue from every business (additional business they would not get if Bengals left the city)
4. City gets revenue from parking and concessions.

My point is this, remove the emotion and the city and county made a deal to keep tax revenue short and long term here by investing money. The alternative was to lose the team as the Chargers and Rams just did which is tax revenue that will never be recaptured.

Playoff wins is an emotional argument and has little to do with the investment aspect. and doe not hold water. The team draws well because they have been competitive the past 12 years or so. I understand people want to see Mike Brown is cheap, but in reality other than no practice field, that argument is lacking any teeth. If he is so cheap answer this question, why doesn't he take his Dad's name off of the stadium to receive millions yearly in revenue? He would literally have to do nothing other than remove Paul Brown's name from the stadium and let a huge company buy the rights.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Myth of Having to Go Into a Season With Cap Space - Luvnit2 - 08-19-2017, 09:40 AM