Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawson a steal? Willis may be bigger steal?
(08-19-2017, 09:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If you look back at the mock drafts, etc, from earlier in the year, I was pimping Willis like nobody's business.  I didn't want the RB IN PLACE OF him.  The fact that they got both is astounding.

Some so-called experts claimed his speed didn't translate to his get-off in games.  As I previously had pointed out, they didn't acknowledge his ROLE in those games as a LDE was to stay home, as he faced a ton of read-option, and then close in on the QB.  When it was a sure passing down, like 3rd and 10, Willis would rocket off the line and get after the QB.  His coach referred to him as "the epitome of our program", and how he could probably get more stats from the right side, but his coach needed him on the left.  

Now we have a guy that can get pressure from either end.  I keep watching the Tampa game (Nerd Alert!) and he is chasing the QB on almost every play.  If Smith was on the other side of him, it would have been sandwich city.  With Geno and Billings pushing guys in to the QB's lap, it will create a lot of problems for opposing QBs.  

I am absolutely giddy about Willis, Smith, and Lawson.  

I would buy a Willis Jersey if a small part of me wasn't still afraid of "the curse"

Great catch on Willis early on. I admit, I did not know anything about him until the combine. It sounds like he is high work ethic and high character as well. I think we may have got a hidden gem.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lawson a steal? Willis may be bigger steal? - Luvnit2 - 08-19-2017, 09:43 AM