Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Myth of Having to Go Into a Season With Cap Space
(08-20-2017, 10:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why is It a bad idea. They have $18.6 million in cap space now.

This season looks like the offensive line is going to be what kills the season. Too much pressure on Dalton. They are doing a lot of 3 step drops instead of 5. We have all these fast WR's and can't let them use their speed with 5 step drops because of the line.

Then, the defense looks like a dominant D in practice because they're practicing against a bad line. Then, they go against a good one and aren't prepared.

And you think franchising Whitworth or Zeitler and signing a guy like Leary to be a dominant Guard is a bad idea?

Basically...that's like saying 'Cap Space is more valuable to me than competing.'

For one this is all before the draft which would have turned out completely different if you cut starting players like MJ. Without a starting End would they have waited until the 3rd for Willis? More likely they would have either took Barrnet or or reached for Taco. 

Two if you did that then there would be no possible way to extend anyone. I know your gonna argue they haven't yet. But at least they have the chance to do so. 

What I do know is the Bengals have built one of the better overall rosters in football they are doing something right. Complaining about caps and contracts doesn't fix tackling issues or dropped passes.

PS. Then there's cutting vets...look at pacman cutting him is what saving 7m with no dead cap? Looks great idea on the surface but they are sending out a message saying the Bengals cut you before you make a big part of the money...and it's not just the players your also taking money out the sports agencies pocket. Do you think that agency is going to continue recommending doing business with the Brown family after they screwed them over? Unlikely. It's not as cut and dry as reading a number from a website.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Myth of Having to Go Into a Season With Cap Space - Synric - 08-20-2017, 11:16 AM