Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York Police Officers Rally in Support of Colin Kaepernick
(08-20-2017, 09:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: And? 

So certain are you?  Word is Seattle offered him a contract but he rejected it.  Apparently he's looking for a chance to start and starter money.  He doesn't deserve either based solely on ability, much less then enormous distraction that he brings to a team.

I enjoy how people who come to a football website, who apparently have watched football a large percentage of their lives apparently forget everything they know about the game when this subject comes up.  Ray Lewis helped kill a guy, Ben was accused of rape twice, Mike Vick ran a dog fighting ring, I could go on about NFL players with loose to non-existant morals who continued playing.  As, I believe LeonardLeap put it (whoever it was it was excellently put), you can be good and a distraction and still play, if you're mediocre and a distraction you can say good bye right now.  Don't believe me?  Ask Tim Tebow, a man who was a distraction for no negative reason, but nevertheless was a distraction.  All Kaepernick has left is playing the race angle and what NFL team is going to want to deal with that?

And? And he's much better than Brandon Weeden. He's better than some guys who will be starting this year.

I said I was not certain what he wanted paid. If he's looking for franchise QB money, he's not gonna get it. I'd not heard that about Seattle, but I have heard that someone in that organization said he was "too good to be a backup" whatever that means. This is just me guessing but you probably wouldn't want to bring him into a situation where half the defense hates the starting QB, and kind of sides with Kaepernick politically.

I get what you're saying about distractions. Kaepernick is much better than Tebow ever was though... And again, I don't give two ***** about Kaepernick, his misinformed politics, or who does what during the national anthem. I choose to stand for it, and that's all I can control. At the end of the day, owners have the right to hire whomever they please. If Kaepernick never plays another down, and has to bust his ass to make a living like I do so be it. But it will be because of politics, not his ability.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021

Messages In This Thread
RE: New York Police Officers Rally in Support of Colin Kaepernick - jason - 08-20-2017, 09:34 PM