Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Speaking of Nazi's: Iceland is 'Disappearing' Down Syndrome children
(08-20-2017, 10:25 PM)jason Wrote: My first kid was born the day after my 41st birthday. The Mrs. was 33 at the time... A few years younger than when they really suggest that you have this test for Down Syndrome. I still remember them asking us if we wanted it. I thought about it for weeks, and decided I didn't want it, because I didn't want to put myself in the position to even think about making this choice.

This "story" is trash. I'm certain that 99% of everyone who made that decision to end the pregnancy agonized over it. To paint this as some eugenics project is weak.

I don't like abortion either. Humans suck though. They are always going to pay for sex, do drugs, and act irresponsible when they face an unwanted pregnancy. There will always be abortion. There always has been. A necessary evil if there ever was one.

I've always really struggled with the idea of abortion. I hate the fact that it is, at times, necessary. I hate that it can make me feel like I should deny others the right to choose what they should do with their body, and I hate that the right to body autonomy makes me feel like I should be ok with terminating life.

I think that if there was a "be all, end all" vote on it, I would abstain from voting. Only because I'd be pissed at myself no matter which way I voted. I think I'd secretly be hoping that the pro-life side won though.

Either way, I've never met someone who treated abortion like it was as easy as "returning a pair of jeans".
- "What are you doing today?"
- "Oh, I'll grab some Chipotle for lunch, drop some things off at the post office, go have an abortion, then come home and catch up on Game of Thrones".
No matter how much conservatives want to push that idea, it's certainly not how it happens.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speaking of Nazi's: Iceland is 'Disappearing' Down Syndrome children - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-20-2017, 11:09 PM