Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Game A Humbling Reality Check
(08-20-2017, 10:05 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The game is won and lost in the trenches and we lost big time on both sides of the ball. We all worried about the OL and tonight we saw it again, many things to worry about with the OL. But I thought our defense could be dominant because of our DL and our DL looks crappy. That worries me because if we don't have a great defense, we will be an 8-8 type team.

I think the defensive line will be fine once Pat Sims and MJ are shown the door, or at least the bench.  And honestly, Dunlap hasn't shown much this year either.  I don't need him to be terrorizing folks, but getting even an ounce of the pressure that Smith, Willis, and Lawson are generating would be nice.

I think once a speed outside rusher is on that right side, it will make a big difference.  

The Chiefs defense, however, did exactly what I would have hoped we would do which is crowd the line of scrimmage and say "ok, you will have about a second...let's see if you can beat our DBs in that time.  Only AJ Green could.  The TEs might have well not even taken the field.  Not only did they not go out for any passes, they sure don't block well when they stay in.  Complete waste of talent, IMHO.  

The bottom line is:  The Bengals STILL have no answer to a team that goes maximum protection (although I think Willis, Smith, and Lawson will be a big part of this) and when the Bengals go maximum protection, the opposition has to love it because we STILL can't block them.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chiefs Game A Humbling Reality Check - SHRacerX - 08-21-2017, 07:50 AM