Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Speaking of Nazi's: Iceland is 'Disappearing' Down Syndrome children
(08-21-2017, 12:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The Daily Wire deliberately misrepresented the entire prenatal genetic screening process. Anyone who reads their article in the OP is misinformed. Deliberately. People are now discussing abortions based upon the suspicion of Down Syndrome which is absolutely incorrect.

What is worse than people saying, "I don't know" based upon a lack of information is someone claiming, "I know" based upon deliberate lies.   Daily Wire readers actually know less about how the process works thanks to reading the Daily Wire.

Agreed 100%.

(08-21-2017, 12:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The original source is CBS News.  I'd say they qualify as reputable.

(08-21-2017, 12:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: But the story shared is an interpretation of the original story that is not correct.

Indeed. In addition, it is highly likely that anyone visiting Daily Wire for their news is likely to read their version first, then the CBS article. What happens then is confirmation bias as when they read the CBS source information, they have had their view tainted based on Daily Wire's misleading story on it. This leads to a misinformed public.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speaking of Nazi's: Iceland is 'Disappearing' Down Syndrome children - Belsnickel - 08-21-2017, 12:54 PM