Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What could Mike, Marv and Dalton do to sway your opinion of them?
(08-10-2015, 09:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: MB - I have no issues with him. He is loyal to his employees. He has proven he can change as he has helped change the culture of the franchise. The only thing lacking is post season success which I think is coming.

ML - ML reshaped a troubled franchise. My knock on ML is his ability to adapt a game plan after halftime. It has been an issue his entire career.

AD - I also have no major issues with Andy. He needs to secure  the ball better (so did Brett Favre and the QB darling a  year ago Bridgewater only had 14 TD's with 12 picks) as do a lot of NFL QB's. He lost one playoff game he was favored in and one playoff game had college talent (Colts) due to injury. He has 4 short years of NFL experience and was a 2nd round draft pick. Only one QB picked ahead of him in the 2011 draft (#1 overall Cam has come close to his NFL success) is still around starting.

I know I will get called a homer for being optimistic and not trashing all 3, but I am not going to pile on when I disagree and in many cases am at the other end of the spectrum. The reality is fans are upset for not winning playoff games, I am too, but I won't give those 3 100% of the blame. I have watched way too many grown men who make a lot of money tank in playoff games, thus I have a long list of players/reasons why we got there, but did not win a playoff game.

I don't think you're a homer for being optimistic, I think you're a homer for being unrealistic.

1. The whole "we weren't favored in X amount of games" bullshit is just that, it's bullshit. You can't just say "oh well" every time you're a 3 point underdog and lose the game by 15+ points. That's not really how odds work. I don't know how many times I've tried explaining this to people. If we were covering the spread each time, this could be a different conversation, but that's not what has happened. You can say "well, we weren't supposed to win the Texans games, so it's not a huge deal", but you don't realize by bringing up odds, you're actually proving MY point and going against your own conclusion. We weren't "supposed" to win if you talk odds, but we also weren't "supposed" to get blown out and look like a college team either, were we?

2. You have no major issues with MB and only halftime adjustments being your issue with ML, but then you go on and on about how it's an entire team effort in the losses and blah, blah, blah. The usual excuse for people defending the owner and coach. If you have a long list of players and reasons of why we didn't win any of the playoff games that we've been to, then who do you suppose that ultimately falls on? If we never have the 40+ players capable of winning postseason games, that HAS to fall on either the owner/GM, coach, or both of them. You can't say it's the players fault but not the owner/coach's fault without realizing who is putting them on the field and who is calling the shots. If the problem is the talent on the field, then ultimately, it's the fault of whoever is putting that talent on the field and expecting them to win football games.

I'll never understand the people that want to generalize everything with the mindset of "well, it's the whole team's fault, so we can't blame anyone specifically", that's flat out goofy logic. Yes, we haven't had many players step up in the playoff games, but that doesn't mean that all blame is exactly equal and individual players and coaches shouldn't be criticized.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What could Mike, Marv and Dalton do to sway your opinion of them? - djs7685 - 08-10-2015, 09:37 AM