Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore removes 4 statues over night
(08-22-2017, 05:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The point that SSF made, was what I was going to lead up to.  (I got called out, just got back)  But seriously, we've got bozos trying to tear down Peace statues in Atlanta, Abe Lincoln Statues in Chicago, Christopher Columbus statues somewhere else.  Now, we're getting calls from the 'reverend" Al Sharpton to take down Jefferson memorials.  

I mean if we're going to try to not remember anyone that doesn't fit today's PC mold of the "ideal" American, why stop there?  MLK didn't embrace homosexuality?  That makes him a bigot, by today's standards.

Not that I agree with Sharpton, but if you're referring to his comments to Charlie Rose, he only said that the Jefferson Memorial should be privately funded, not publicly funded. There's no real call for removing any of those monuments and there's also a huge difference between owning humans and thinking people being gay is wrong. Hell, people currently serve in our government who hold that view of gay people. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Baltimore removes 4 statues over night - BmorePat87 - 08-22-2017, 06:08 PM