Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLM unveils list of demands to White people
(08-22-2017, 07:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: We wholeheartedly agree, yet this person is a college professor and Huffpo is giving their perspective whatever legitimacy comes from being published on their site.  Nauseating isn't it?

Honestly, I see opinion pieces from any media site as just a cesspool. It's probably my biggest frustration in that so many outlets allow opinion pieces to be written and published with them and then they are viewed by the publication's readership as legitimate. The only opinion pieces I tend to read are those from my local paper (just the local letters, the syndicated ones are shit), and ones from actual editors of The Nation, The National Review, The Weekly Standard, and New Republic. I used to read more from WSJ, WaPo, and NYT, but I just rely on them more for journalism these days.

As for him being a professor, honestly, I've seen worse in academia. My field falls in the social sciences, and I sometimes dig through sociology journals for some research. It can be frightening out there.

Edit: I forgot, I also read The Federalist, but they have gone full Breitbart, lately.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BLM unveils list of demands to White people - Belsnickel - 08-22-2017, 08:03 PM