Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expiration date on our core players
(08-23-2017, 10:10 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I remember having these conversations on the old board and names were Levi Jones, Willie Anderson, Palmer, Chad J. (O.). Our defense back then was not good so we needed immediate replacements. I heard when Palmer retired our immediate future was over, but then replaced him with Dalton and we proceed to make the playoffs every year until last year (6 years in a row). AJ replaced Chad, Whittworth replaced Levi Jones and A. Smith replaced Willie Anderson. Boling and Zeitler were big upgrades as guard.

A good team got better with change. We all want playoff wins and Super Bowl wins, but the reality is a team can get better with roster changes, we proved it. I don't buy into this window closing crap, the Pats, Steelers, Packers, Seahawks and others prove it yearly, they reload their rosters and win. We can too.

Interesting comparison.  Three of the four have all time great, elite QBs.....the other has a very good franchise QB.  We have a good franchise QB, but he can't shoulder an entire roster.....and he is approaching 30 himself.  There most definitely is a window.  We'll soon see how these teams fare when these guys start retiring.  Look how many teams have been and are still searching for a good franchise guy.  Look how many early round QBs have flamed out.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Expiration date on our core players - McC - 08-22-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: Expiration date on our core players - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-23-2017, 10:43 AM