Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are 'Wake Up Call' Games Necessary for Bengals
(08-23-2017, 11:16 AM)ochocincos Wrote: While this makes total sense from a business perspective, many fans don't associate sports with a business (as you know).
It seems many fans take a "Just win, baby" mentality toward sports to achieve a championship, even if it means being disrespectful amongst colleagues.

Exactly.  Being in management myself, I adopt Luvnit's principle of praise in public, discipline in private because it's the right thing to do.  Give respect, you get respect.....and it just fosters a more positive work environment for everyone.  In fact, the owner's lackey showed up in my office with a disciplinary action concerning one of my crew and brought it up in front of a sales rep from an admixture company.  He got his ass reamed in front of the rep by me, because he had no business bringing up a disciplinary matter in front of a person outside of the company.  I don't even like discipline in front of ANYONE, period.

Having said all of that, sports are different.  I've been/seen ass chewings on the sidelines many times.  It's an attention getter, and kinda implies urgency.  So, while they may get on folks behind the scenes, save for Mike Zimmer, they all seemed pretty passive to casual passerby.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are 'Wake Up Call' Games Necessary for Bengals - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-23-2017, 11:44 AM