Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are 'Wake Up Call' Games Necessary for Bengals
(08-23-2017, 11:54 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I don't think "Professional" sports is different, it is a business. I also don't think we hear exactly what goes on down on the sidelines. Screaming at a grown man while standing 2 inches from their face is not going to encourage them but just the opposite, especially with millions looking on. Remember Hard Knocks? Coaches were on players butts during practices and during games on the benches where they weren't front and center for all to see.

Sports are played in 60 minute windows, or innnings/quaters/etc, so mistakes are magnified.  The intensity is therefore ratcheted up exponentially.  That's why we see guys like Zimmer, Parcells, others get in people's shit.  Belichick has the glare......Marvin never even chews an official's ass.  People see this, and they think he's passive. A lot of people don't see Hard Knocks, or follow as closely as a lot of us die hards do, you gotta take that into consideration.  When I played, we were praised if we did well.....but we were also berated a tad for bad mistakes, and I never made it past high school.  You want to be praised, but at the same time you don't want to hear that shit either.  It motivates, I think, regardless of level.  It's kind of like saying please and thank you all of the time when you ask someone to do something until the shit hits the fan, and you need things done NOW.....it's more likely to be "do this, grab that"....etc.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are 'Wake Up Call' Games Necessary for Bengals - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-23-2017, 01:19 PM