Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are 'Wake Up Call' Games Necessary for Bengals
(08-23-2017, 04:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This came to mind as well when I had created the post.

All week, we heard 'NE is gonna give it to Cinci because NE did poorly the week before'.... Did we not buy into that logic and take it on the chin? We had a rationale for losing before it even happened!!

WTS
-Wake up call game scenario worked for NE because they rarely get humbled.
-Wake up call game scenario doesn't work for us because we get humbled a few times each year, and typically have an annual humbling in the playoffs.

IDK, I just don't buy into the whole motivated more one week vs another. This is the reason NE has been successful every year for the past decade; they are highly motivated for every game. They don't have a 'big brother' rival to 'play up' for. They play each week like it is their last, no room to go 'oh well we weren't expecting that'...

but at this point I'm comparing us to the Patriots which isn't really fair. :)

Specific to that game, we left a good 14 points or so on the board (early points too), due to Gresham drops (may have only been 1, but there was another), which most-definitely would've changed the flow and momentum of the game.

Man, if we had Eifert in '14...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are 'Wake Up Call' Games Necessary for Bengals - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-23-2017, 04:40 PM