Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Removes Announcer Because of Name
(08-23-2017, 03:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: Asking an employee about a potentially uncomfortable situation is a bad thing, I think that is normally standard practice? 

Right, so if ESPN went to one of their white anchors and said do you feel uncomfortable about doing play-by-play in [predominantly black neighborhood], that would be perfectly reasonable. Got it.

(08-23-2017, 03:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: How is it a slap in the face to him if he took them up on the deal? Why do Virginians care what a guy does for his personal job? 

It's a slap in the face because it assumes Virginians are so stupid and prone to violence that an Asain guy with the name Robert Lee is going to spark some kind of violent reaction.

Au165 Wrote:Seems like a lot of people are worried about something that doesn't effect them one bit. A lot of people just looking for a reason to be offended about someone trying to not offend people. Isn't it ironic?

I'm not worried, upset, angry or offended by this. I'm expressing my opinion that it's royally stupid of ESPN to do this and that I'd understand if a Virginian was offended.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN Removes Announcer Because of Name - PhilHos - 08-23-2017, 04:52 PM