Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are 'Wake Up Call' Games Necessary for Bengals
(08-23-2017, 06:01 PM)grampahol Wrote: Look how much these guys get paid, millions of dollars often. Even the worse player in the league makes more money than most of us will make in ten years and every year they get an automatic raise of $15,000 if they stay in the league. http://www.spotrac.com/blog/nfl-minimum-salaries-for-2017/
How many jobs get an automatic $15,000 raise every year?  Hell, my daughter's last job in Dayton 5 years ago gave her a 15 cent raise after a year.  FIFTEEN CENTS! I can remember telling an employer to stick his nickel raise up his ass once.. That was over 20 years ago, but....
Call me old fashioned, but the motivation is getting that kind of salary regardless of how well you play or not. 
Anyone who needs to be yelled at earning that kind of money really has no business playing football. You underperform you lose your job. It really doesn't have to be any more complicated than that. 
If I were coaching in the league that would be the prime motivation. 
You like making a minimum of $465,000 and an automatic raise next year of another $15,000? Play AT LEAST as good as the worse player in the league and consider that your next contract assuming you get one may pay you ten times that..
Nobody needs to get screamed at because with those kinds of salaries there's a very long line of young men ready and willing to take your place every single day. Plenty of college players are looking for jobs in the league. 
It ain't like a minimum wage job working at the drive through window where nobody really wants the job or picking crops in the hot sun for peanuts.  

Somehow you really had me tied to your analogy, but then there was a cliff and I fell off at the end?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are 'Wake Up Call' Games Necessary for Bengals - HarleyDog - 08-23-2017, 08:40 PM