Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expiration date on our core players
(08-23-2017, 07:40 PM)grampahol Wrote: The draft is and always has been and always will be a crap shoot. The real difference i think is whether a team can coach up players to become impact players. I'm not sold on high picks for that matter. We've had some pretty darn good undrafted players and picked up some who were either cut by other teams or acquired by trade although the trades are far and few between.. As it's always said, it doesn't matter how a player gets into the league. What matters is what they do once they get there..

If the coaching is not effective, then your left with a kid who was taught college level football. Coaches are everything to a rookie. They need to teach what it's like to be a pro (both on and off the field). We don't teach, we don't coach! Rookies want to be taught, but in our scheme, they are supposed to watch and learn from the bench. You have to wait your turn. Then, when your called upon, you run on the field with an unloaded gun because you've been under coached.

I once heard a story from a gentleman who as a star in high school, went to U.D. and at practice for the team was wanting to be coached but couldn't get the attention to perform. Therefore, after practice, he walked to the coach one day to ask him what time it was just to get some attention. The coach looked at him and said, "look at your watch!" He had his watch on his arm. He was pretty embarrassed, but you get my point. He knew what time it was, he just wanted to be noticed.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Expiration date on our core players - McC - 08-22-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: Expiration date on our core players - HarleyDog - 08-24-2017, 08:54 PM