Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Removes Announcer Because of Name
(08-25-2017, 09:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The problem with your example being that Muhammad Ali, both named Muhammad and a Muslim, visited ground zero NYC on 9/20. Just 9 days after the towers went down and 3,000 people died.

Meanwhile an asian guy isn't allowed to be an announcer on a football game THREE WEEKS after one person died, because he shares a name with a white guy who died 147 years ago.

Bad example.

I didn't say the reaction was right or wrong, I was saying that is more similar an example than the white guy in a black area. How it ended doesn't matter, it is about comparing the climates and the circumstances of the peoiple considering the decision to enter the climates.  I tend to think both situations shouldn't stop either from being there or doing whatever. In this thread I have more so pointed out that I don't really think it's anyone business if the guy wasn't comfortable.

So again....the analogy is fine. The result of Ali showing up doesn't change what the thought process in the making a decision is closer to in it's original context.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN Removes Announcer Because of Name - Au165 - 08-25-2017, 09:42 AM