Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
(08-25-2017, 09:57 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think one of the big reasons that a lot of people have looked at Trump's reaction to Charlottesville as an oddity has been because it didn't fit his style. When he attacks people and ideologies, he attacks them bluntly and quickly. He doesn't pull any punches when he is attacked, but he hasn't responded to a very public attack in this instance. His response to the racism and violence was scripted and it was delayed. In other words, his response to what happened in Charlottesville is what we see from him when he is being told he should do something he doesn't want to do. It's the difference between his Afghanistan speech and his rally in Phoenix.

When you look at it in context with the rest of his communication styling, it makes you wonder what his feelings actually are on the matter.

And my point is that people have been complaining the entire time he's been President so far because of his style, because they didn't like that he attacked people and did so bluntly. That he went off the cuff and talked nonsense rather than being prepared.

Then when he does that, those same people are upset because it wasn't his usual style, didn't attack, and he went scripted.

I don't care if people dislike something he does, have at it. (I know I have a good number of things I hate that he's done.) Just be consistent about it. The people who piss me off are the ones who bend and twist, making it so that no matter what he does, they will still complain about it. Just like when they wanted Comey fired, but then when Trump fired Comey, they went crazy. Then they're upset because he tweets, then upset because he doesn't tweet.

All I ask for is consistency. They need to find a stance they disagree with about the guy, and complain about that, but then if he does the opposite of that, don't suddenly start complaining about it instead. At that point they have to be happy with Trump's action because they were complaining when Trump didn't do it that way before. Otherwise it strips all semblance of legitimacy in their complaints and just makes them look like you're wanting to whine for the sake of constantly whining.

- - - - - - - -

Examples:

-I believe in Net Neutrality being important, so I cheered Obama when his administration secured that and I am pissed off that Trump's looks like it is going to shit on it.
-I don't think we should be in the Middle East anymore, so I didn't like either Obama or Trump sending more troops over there.
-I thought the Paris climate accords was a silly thing because we don't need to pay other countries billions of dollars in a non-binding agreement. We can just personally choose to pollute less as a country without giving others our money. So I was against Obama and for Trump on that.

If people were complaining about issues or stances, I can respect that, but no, a lot are just complaining about people regardless of the issues or stances. The hell does that accomplish?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - TheLeonardLeap - 08-25-2017, 10:08 AM
Just a reminder - StLucieBengal - 08-14-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Nately120 - 08-14-2017, 09:26 PM
RE: Just a reminder - BmorePat87 - 08-14-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Benton - 08-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Weimar America - THE Bigzoman - 08-19-2017, 08:40 PM