Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Removes Announcer Because of Name
(08-25-2017, 11:29 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I never said it was nefarious or that they openly threatened him at all. But, if you've ever worked for someone else, when you're boss or supervisor asks you to do something, oftentimes, it's not a question. And even if it is, there's always that threat because it's your boss or supervisor asking.

Yes, thank you. I am well aware of that. Did you also know that this a message board? A forum where people can come and share their views on how the world works and where oftentimes judgements on people's decisions are made? Rolleyes

I don't work in this type of environment, when I have discussions with our president he asks my opinion on things and I give them knowing I was asked for my opinion, not to certify his belief. If your in a place where your supervisor asks your opinion and you are scared to give it for fear of firing it probably isn't a good place to be.

My understanding is they didn't ask him to switch, they asked if he was more comfortable if he switched i.e. asked his opinion on it.

Nope didn't know that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN Removes Announcer Because of Name - Au165 - 08-25-2017, 11:33 AM