Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Removes Announcer Because of Name
(08-25-2017, 11:33 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't work in this type of environment, when I have discussions with our president he asks my opinion on things and I give them knowing I was asked for my opinion, not to certify his belief. If your in a place where your supervisor asks your opinion and you are scared to give it for fear of firing it probably isn't a good place to be. 

It's not always about the pressure that company puts on the employee. Many times its the pressure (real or imagined) felt by the employee. I've worked in many a job where there was no threat or intimdation by the supervisors and I felt free to share my opinions yet in those  same places I had coworkers who were afriad to speak up because they felt some some sort of intimidation from the same supervisors who I felt were perfectly reasonable.

(08-25-2017, 11:33 AM)Au165 Wrote: My understanding is they didn't ask him to switch, they asked if he was more comfortable if he switched i.e. asked his opinion on it.

Based on how it's been reported, my understanding is more like ESPN felt that it'd be best to remove him but asked if he woudl be okay with the switch and, of course, he was. I base this on the reports that ESPN, not Lee, was worried about all the memes and internet trolling that would result from having Robert Lee call a game in Virginia.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN Removes Announcer Because of Name - PhilHos - 08-25-2017, 11:40 AM