Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
(08-25-2017, 10:08 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And my point is that people have been complaining the entire time he's been President so far because of his style, because they didn't like that he attacked people and did so bluntly. That he went off the cuff and talked nonsense rather than being prepared.

Then when he does that, those same people are upset because it wasn't his usual style, didn't attack, and he went scripted.

I don't care if people dislike something he does, have at it. (I know I have a good number of things I hate that he's done.) Just be consistent about it. The people who piss me off are the ones who bend and twist, making it so that no matter what he does, they will still complain about it. Just like when they wanted Comey fired, but then when Trump fired Comey, they went crazy. Then they're upset because he tweets, then upset because he doesn't tweet.

All I ask for is consistency. They need to find a stance they disagree with about the guy, and complain about that, but then if he does the opposite of that, don't suddenly start complaining about it instead. At that point they have to be happy with Trump's action because they were complaining when Trump didn't do it that way before. Otherwise it strips all semblance of legitimacy in their complaints and just makes them look like you're wanting to whine for the sake of constantly whining.

- - - - - - - -

Examples:

-I believe in Net Neutrality being important, so I cheered Obama when his administration secured that and I am pissed off that Trump's looks like it is going to shit on it.
-I don't think we should be in the Middle East anymore, so I didn't like either Obama or Trump sending more troops over there.
-I thought the Paris climate accords was a silly thing because we don't need to pay other countries billions of dollars in a non-binding agreement. We can just personally choose to pollute less as a country without giving others our money. So I was against Obama and for Trump on that.

If people were complaining about issues or stances, I can respect that, but no, a lot are just complaining about people regardless of the issues or stances. The hell does that accomplish?

Exactly. No matter what Trump does, people will find a way to bash him. It's happened with every President since Bush ('W' - at least, that's when I really started getting into politics). But it still stupid to see.

(08-25-2017, 10:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: The point is in there...it's just being missed.

*IF* he stopped doing it the other 98% of the time it would not seem to be a big deal that he's not doing it (attacking his critics) this time.

But since that statement was made the POTUS has continued to attack his critics/enemies but not that one.

It's not arguing his policies (whatever they end up being) it is, to use KellyAnne's words, trying to see what is in his heart.   Smirk

If I could speak for TLL, I think he gets your point. His point is that no matter what you and many others will STILL find things to bash and hate on Trump.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA - PhilHos - 08-25-2017, 11:53 AM
Just a reminder - StLucieBengal - 08-14-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Nately120 - 08-14-2017, 09:26 PM
RE: Just a reminder - BmorePat87 - 08-14-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: Just a reminder - Benton - 08-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Weimar America - THE Bigzoman - 08-19-2017, 08:40 PM